I DONATED MY ORGANS!


If you could help save a life, would you? 

This week I made one of the proudest decisions I've ever made. 
As scary as it is to think about, my decision in the future, will save someone's life. 
I'm always thinking of ways to 'do my bit' whilst I exist on this earth. I get a real buzz knowing I've helped someone, made someone smile, held the door open; small little gestures like this make me feel super positive.

Although I'm not one to set myself new year resolutions, I do set myself goals all the time, I'm someone who always likes to feel like I'm pushing myself to do my best.
A huge goal I want to achieve this year, and for many years to come, is to help those less fortunate than me.. I'm a very sensitive person and worry about everyone else before myself, even if I don't know that person, which brings me to the topic of this post..

After coming across a campaign from a Vlogger I follow on Instagram - Maisy Meow, I instantly wanted to take part. 

I decided to join a campaign called #ObjectsForOrgans, which was started by a woman called Adele, her main aim is to raise awareness about becoming an organ donor and to get as many people who want to get involved, signed up. People are helping spread the word via social media and we want to get this campaign across to as many people as possible, so everyone has the option to sign up and help change a life or multiple.

Organ donation is simple to sign up to, you simply register yourself on the Organ Donation List on the NHS website which can be found by clicking here
I took just a few minutes out of my day to sign up, and afterwards I felt so proud of myself, knowing that when its my time to go, I will be able to give something back and make a positive change to someones life - Because after all, life is so precious!

So why should you sign up? - Well here's just a few amazing facts that convinced me to want to donate:

  • One, JUST ONE, organ donor can improve up to eight lives, as well as being able to save the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and eyes.
  • As of last week in the UK alone, there are 6,414 people waiting for organ transfers.
  • Every 10 minutes someone is added to the national transplant waiting list, however on average 20 people die a day from not having a transplant available for them.
  • You can chose which organs to donate, whether its one, or like I chose - all of them.
  • Its free to apply for and takes literally two minutes to fill out.

I hope this post has made at least one person aware of Organ Donating, if not more!
If you are interested in applying, then please do!
You could help make such a difference and give someone a second chance at life!





No comments