My Pregnancy Story



On Saturday 8th June 2017 at 10:14am, my whole world changed.

Noah James Bracey arrived safely into the world and made me a mummy.

My pregnancy was a total and utter shock, after being on the contraceptive pill for three years and not falling pregnant, it all changed and along came my son, the happiest day of my life!

At 21 years of age, I had my life planned out, a house, good job and then a baby. Things didn't quite go to plan when I took a pregnancy test one morning, thinking nothing of it, and right there in my face was a BIG FAT POSITIVE!

After the family discovered the news everyone was thrilled to pieces for me and my partner, which may I just mention we were only officially a couple for two months before we discovered the news!
I was so excited to go through the journey of pregnancy, a week or so later I fell extremely ill with morning sickness, and I mean, it was the worst I've felt in my whole life.
I struggled with having morning sickness everyday for a good few months, almost close to giving up (yep, you know what that means) I pushed through the first trimester and my god, am I glad I didnt quit, as I now couldn't ever imagine life without Noah, he is the missing piece to my puzzle.

The second trimester was somewhat easier, the daily urge to throw up wasn't as regular, although I hated leaving my house, the cold weather made me feel worse!
It was in my second trimester that I found out we were expecting a boy!!!
I cried happy tears and instantly my thought to give up vanished, I then fell head over heals in love with the little human I was growing.
Of course from then on mine and my partners new favourite hobby was shopping for clothes for our soon to be son.

After what felt like an eternity I finally reached the third trimester, morning sickness was a thing of the past, on the other hand it was replaced with many sleepless nights and heartburn. 
At this point I thought my pregnancy, besides the morning sickness, had ran pretty smoothly; only to discover at 28 weeks that I had developed undiagnosed Gestational Diabetes. From then on I was having to test my blood sugars daily before and after every meal, I became use to doing it after a few days, besides, I would have done anything to make sure my precious baby was going to be safe.

37 weeks came around and I had noticed reduced movement from Noah, I later had an appointment from a routine check up at the hospital where I there told the midwife of my situation. Immediately it was decided that I would be induced the week later, little did I know that my son didn't want to wait around any longer, the day after I booked my induction, my son arrived!

At 2am I was disturbed from my sleep from what felt like my waters breaking, I ran to the bathroom in darkness and as soon as I turned the light on all I saw was a trail of blood on the floor, as well as all down my legs.
I was terrified, my first thought was, THERES SOMETHING WRONG!
When I got to the hospital the midwives could not find an answer for where the blood had come from, therefore they had to break my waters ASAP!

I was examined at 6am to find out I was only 2cm dilated, then after hours of horrendous contractions and 3 shots of epidural fluid, I was finally examined again, only to discover that I was fully dilated!
I pushed for around 40 minutes and at 10:14am, Noah James Bracey arrived into the world, weighing a healthy 7lb 1.


That was the day my world was complete, I have never been more happier than I am today, and its all thanks to my wonderful son.

My partner Dan was incredible, he stood by my side the whole time, I grew a lot of respect for him that day, as a man, having to watch your other half be in so much pain for a long period of time must be so frustrating and emotionally draining, I thank him for giving me our son and being the best dad I could possibly wish for.


No comments